LMS was nominated for the Lincolnshire PE Department of the Year Award in the Active Lincolnshire Sport and Physical Activity Awards 2019, held on Thursday 7th November.
Following a year of amazing sporting achievements, including LMS winning the Lincolnshire LTA Education and School of the Year Awards, LMS was represented by Head of PE Mrs Gilbert and Miss Snowden after being nominated for the Sports Department of the Year (Secondary, HE/FE) Award. These Awards are an annual celebration, not only of the successes of Lincolnshire’s elite athletes, but also of the huge and positive impact physical activity has across a broad range of Lincolnshire residents, workplaces, clubs and schools.
Unfortunately, LMS didn't win the Award, which went to Queen Elizabeth High School, Gainsborough, but a fun and inspiring evening was had by all!
A big thank you to all who contribute to the LMS Sporting community - dedicated teachers, hardworking pupils and supportive parents alike - for allowing our School to flourish.
LMS Sporting Achievements 2018/2019
- Finalists in National Squash, for all age groups
- Finalists in National Tennis, the Senior girls finished 5th
- Led the Schools Partnership School Games competition
- LMS Sports Leaders officiated the CEO Basketball Tournament
- Gold Sports Mark achieved
- Third place in the East of England Tier 3 Hockey Tournament
- World record achieved in collaboration with Hockey for Heroes, on the Nepal Trip
- New state of the art gym installed at the Senior School
- Continued Professional Development through links with Magic Academy and other sports clubs ; Lindum, Lincoln City FC, Lincoln rugby club, England hockey, Lindum cricket and other schools
- Extensive programme of events hosted by LMS Sports Ambassadors; including from Jack Harvey, Lizzie Simmonds, Ryan and Jordan Olowofela, Richard Shorter, Andy Halliday, Ross Brooks, Zach Wallace and Emma Sanders